Dangerous goods are items or materials with hazardous properties. They are categorized into various
divisions and can be identified according to whether or not they are flammable, poisonous,
explosive, or have the potential to cause any other type of harm, damage, or hazard.
As a result, dangerous goods importers/ exporters in India need to handle these goods with utmost care. The goods need to be classified, packaged, marked, labeled, and packed as per the categories and the designed rules and regulations of shipment. Any incorrect documentation, miscommunication, or misdeclaration could prove disastrous to human lives to a great extent.
Tips for Safe and Effective Shipping of Potentially Dangerous Goods
Here in this section, we have listed down tips for safe and effective shipping of potentially hazardous materials. Whether you are a dangerous goods importer in India or a dangerous good exporter in India, ensure you follow these tips diligently. These tips will ensure your packages arrive at their destination safely and effectively, without any hassle.
- Firstly, keep a record of the dangerous goods you are carrying. Get your documents right.
- Follow the separation and segregation rules for transporting mixed classes of dangerous goods.
- Use appropriate containers, based on the items inside.
- Ensure dangerous goods are packaged properly each time. Put detailed processes in place so that different staff/ people can follow them during the shipment process.
- Be prepared for spillage or leakage incidents and have clean up systems in hand.
- Keep foodstuff separate or far from dangerous goods, to prevent interaction.
- Avoid importing or exporting dangerous with food, water, or any other reactive materials/chemicals.
- Ensure you have appropriate safety signage and placards on board.
- Ensure the selected mode of transport has the correct license.
- Ensure the transportation/ freight forwarding staff is well trained for emergency situations.
- Keep emergency plans in hand in order to deal with any kind of unexpected incident.
- Different locations have different rules about hazardous materials. So if you are importing dangerous goods in India or exporting dangerous goods to another corner of the globe, ensure you know the rules of different countries/locations. It will reduce the risk of any kind of damage or hazard.
- Take advantage of hi-tech tracking software. It will help you track the goods throughout the shipment process.
Whether you are a dangerous goods importer in India or a dangerous good exporter in India, you need to understand the criticality of handling dangerous goods. You need to understand that dangerous goods or hazardous goods have been given this name for a reason. There are several examples of tragedy, due to misdeclaration, improper packaging, handling, and transportation. And as a recognized dangerous goods importer/ exporter you need to ensure you pay complete attention to detail, and not leave any chance for any kind of accident or hazard. It will not only save lives but will also help you build or maintain your brand or business image.
Dangerous goods need a specialised importer/exporter. And New Globle Group is one such company that has all certifications/ documentations and processes in place. This company offers efficient and safe perishable goods / dangerous goods packaging services . Whether it be flowers to Amsterdam, fruits to the Middle East, dangerous chemicals from China, or shrimps to Scotland - New Globe handles all goods with utmost care.
If you want to know more about this dangerous goods importer in India or a dangerous good exporter in India – get in touch with the team today.